Effective: May 1, 2015
1. Acceptance of Terms.
- If you are entering into this TOU on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity, its Members, its Administrative Users, and its affiliates to this TOU. In that case, the terms “you” or “your” shall also refer to such entity, its Members, its Administrative Users, as applicable. If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with this TOU, you may not use the Service. You acknowledge that this TOU is a contract between you and Jambo, even though it is electronic and is not physically signed by you and Jambo, and it governs your use of the Service.
- As our business evolves, Jambo may change this TOU. If we make a material change to the TOU, we will provide you with reasonable notice prior to the changes either by emailing the email address associated with your account or by posting a notice on the Site. You can review the most current version of the TOU at any time by visiting this page. The revised terms and conditions will become effective on the date set forth in our notice, and if you use the Service after that date, your use will constitute acceptance of the revised terms and conditions. If any change to this TOU is not acceptable to you, your only remedy is to cancel your account and stop using the Services, which you may do by uninstalling the application and deleting your account.
- As part of the registration process, you will either receive an invitation to join this group in the form of email address and password for your account. You may, after registering with Jambo invite users to become Administrative Users and Members (each with their own password) under your account. The total number of users is limited to the maximum number permitted for your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login, password, and account and for all activities that occur under your login or account, including the activities of Members.
- All users should be aware that your Administrative Users may have certain rights to send invitations to groups and manage other administrators in a group.
- By accessing or using the Services, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age (or have reached the age of majority if that is not 18 years of age where you live). You represent that you are fully able and competent to enter into and comply with the terms and conditions in this TOU. The Service is not directed to children under 13, so if you are under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to access or use the Services. If we become aware that you are using the Service even though you are under 13, we will deactivate your account.
2. Description of Service.
The “Service(s)” means (a) Jambo’s real-time communication, messaging, group discussion and search services and related systems and technologies, as well as the website http://jambo.in (the “Site”) and (b) all software (including the Software, as defined below), applications, data, reports, text, images, and other content made available by or on behalf of Jambo through any of the foregoing. Any modifications and new features added to the Service are also subject to this TOU. Jambo reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service (or any Service plan) or any feature or functionality thereof at any time without notice to you. All rights, title and interest in and to the Service and its components (including all intellectual property rights) will remain with and belong exclusively to Jambo.
3. Access and Use of the Service.
- You may access and use the Service only for lawful, authorized purposes and you shall not misuse the Service in any manner (as determined by Jambo in its sole discretion). You shall comply with any codes of conduct, policies, limitation on users, limitation in usage of platforms, limitation in storage or other notices Jambo provides you or publishes in connection with the Service from time to time, but if any of those policies materially change the TOU, we will provide you with reasonable notice as provided in Section 1.3 above. You shall promptly notify Jambo if you learn of a security breach related to the Service.
- Any software that may be made available by or on behalf of Jambo in connection with the Service, including Jambo’s mobile and desktop applications, (“Software”) contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Subject to the terms and conditions of this TOU, Jambo only grants you a personal, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive license to use the object code of any Software solely in connection with the Service. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- Jambo reserves the right to use your name as a reference for marketing or promotional purposes on the Site and in other communication with existing or potential Jambo customers. For example, we might list your company on one of our webpages under lists of Jambo customers. We don’t want to list customers who don’t want to be listed, so you may send an email to email@example.com stating that you do not wish to be used as a reference.
4. Your Data Rights and Related Responsibilities.
- "Your Data" means any data and content you upload, post, transmit or otherwise made available via the use of Jambo application. "Your Data" includes messages you send, files you upload, comments you make on files, profile information and anything else you enter or upload into the Service. Jambo will make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that all facilities used to store and process Your Data meet a high standard for security.
- In order for us to provide the Service to you, we require that you grant us certain rights with respect to Your Data. For example, we need to be able to transmit, store and copy Your Data in order to display it to you and your teammates, to index it so you are able to search it, to make backups to prevent data loss, and so on. Your acceptance of this TOU gives us the permission to do so and grants us any such rights necessary to provide the service to you, only for the purpose of providing the service (and for no other purpose). This permission includes allowing us to use third-party service providers (such as Amazon Web Services) in the operation and administration of the Service and the rights granted to us are extended to these third parties to the degree necessary in order for the Service to be provided.
- If any users send us any feedback or suggestions regarding the Service, you grant Jambo an unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, free license to use any such feedback or suggestions for any purpose without any obligation to you.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct (including by and between all users), the content of Your Data, and all communications with others while using the Services. We may choose to review Public Content (as defined below) for compliance with our policies and guidelines, but you acknowledge that Jambo has no obligation to monitor any information on the Services. However, Jambo may remove or disable any Public Content at any time for any reason or for no reason at all. We are not responsible for the accuracy, appropriateness, or legality of Your Data or any other information you and your users may be able to access using the Services. The Services provide features that allow you and your users to share Your Data and other materials with others. Please consider carefully what you allow to be shared.
- Jambo may offer a customized pricing plan payable monthly or yearly. Jambo may choose to bill you through an invoice, in which case, full payment for invoices issued must be received by the date specified in the invoice. Past due fees are subject to a finance charge of 1.5% per month on any outstanding balance, or the maximum permitted by law, whichever is lower, plus all expenses of collection.
- If you dispute any charges you must let Jambo know within sixty (60) days after the date that Jambo invoices you. All amounts paid are non-refundable and we reserve the right to change our prices in the future. If we increase our prices for your Service plan, we will provide notice of the change on the Site and in email to you at least 30 days before the change is to take effect. Your continued use of the Service after the price change goes into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the changed amount.
6. Representations and Warranties.
You represent and warrant to Jambo that (i) you have full power and authority to enter into this TOU; (ii) you own all Your Data or have obtained all permissions, releases, rights or licenses required to engage in your activities (and allow Jambo to perform its obligations) in connection with the Services without obtaining any further releases or consents; and (iii) Your Data and your other activities in connection with the Service, and Jambo’s exercise of all rights and license granted by you herein, do not and will not violate, infringe, or misappropriate any third party’s copyright, trademark, right of privacy or publicity, or other personal or proprietary right, nor does Your Data contain any matter that is defamatory, obscene, unlawful, threatening, abusive, tortious, offensive or harassing.
You also agree not to:
- upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any of Your Data that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- use the Service to harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Jambo employee, Administrator, Owner, or other Member, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any of Your Data;
- upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any of Your Data that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any of Your Data in a manner that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- sublicense, resell, rent, lease, transfer or assign (except as permitted in Section 16) the Service or its use, or offer the Service on a time share basis to any third party;
- use the Service to upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- use the Service to upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges using the Service;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service, including using any device or software;
- modify, adapt, or hack the Service, including by using any non-public Jambo APIs, or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or its related systems or networks.
- use the Service to provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the Indian government as a foreign terrorist organization.
- use the Service to "stalk" or otherwise harass another; and/or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with any of the prohibited conduct and activities set forth above.
You acknowledge that Jambo and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any of Your Data that is available via the Service. If, for instance, you upload files that do not belong to you and make these files available publicly, we can delete those files. We may also review Your Data transmitted through non-public mechanisms (such as non-public channels within the Service) where we deem appropriate, including for violations of this TOU or in response to a user complaint. Without limiting the foregoing, Jambo and its designees shall have the right to remove any of Your Data that violates the TOU or is otherwise objectionable. You must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of Your Data, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of Your Data.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that Jambo may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Your Data if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce the TOU; (iii) respond to claims that any of Your Data violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Jambo, its users and the public.
7. Term; Termination.
- This TOU will continue in full effect unless and until your account or this TOU is terminated as described herein. Service plans that are paid monthly will automatically renew for additional months, and Service plans that are paid annually will automatically renew for additional years. You have the right to deactivate your account at any time by requesting us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only Owners of the group can request for termination.
- We reserve the right to deactivate and delete your account (or the access privileges of any Member) and terminate this TOU at any time for any reason, or no reason, with or without notice. Without limiting the foregoing, Jambo may, in its sole discretion, publish policies whereby we delete your account for prolonged inactivity. Upon any termination of this TOU, we will have no obligation to maintain or provide Your Data. If your team’s account is deleted, we will delete or destroy all copies of Your Data in our possession or control, in a reasonably expedient way, unless legally prohibited.
- All accrued rights to payment and the terms of Section 5 and Sections 8 through 20 shall survive termination of this TOU.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties.
- The Services may be temporarily unavailable for scheduled maintenance or for unscheduled emergency maintenance, or because of other causes beyond our reasonable control, but Jambo shall use reasonable efforts to provide advance notice of any material scheduled service disruption. Further, you understand that Your Data may be transmitted or handled in an unencrypted manner if you choose to use unencrypted gateways to connect to the Service. Additionally, while Jambo takes steps to ensure that information provided to its third party vendors and hosting partners is transmitted using reasonable security measures, it does not guarantee that these transmissions will be encrypted. Accordingly, you acknowledge that you bear sole responsibility for adequate security, protection and backup of Your Data. Jambo will have no liability to you for any unauthorized access or use of any of Your Data, or any corruption, deletion, destruction or loss of any of Your Data.
- THE SERVICE AND ALL RELATED COMPONENTS AND INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND JAMBO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT JAMBO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE OR VIRUS-FREE, NOR DOES IT MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICES, AND NO INFORMATION, ADVICE OR SERVICES OBTAINED BY YOU FROM JAMBO OR THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS TOU.
9. Limitation of Liability.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) SHALL JAMBO BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES OR BUSINESS, LOST DATA, OR (B) FOR ANY AMOUNT IN THE AGGREGATE IN EXCESS OF THE FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO YOUR CLAIM OR, IF NO FEES APPLY, TEN THOUSAND (10000) INDIAN RUPEES, OR (C) ANY MATTER BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION ALLOCATE THE RISKS UNDER THIS TOU BETWEEN THE PARTIES, AND THE PARTIES HAVE RELIED ON THESE LIMITATIONS IN DETERMINING WHETHER TO ENTER INTO THIS TOU.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply to you. IN THESE JURISDICTIONS, JAMBO’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Dispute Resolution/Arbitration.
In order to expedite and control the cost of disputes, you and we agree that any legal or equitable claim arising out of or relating in any way to your use of the Services or these TOU, and the formation, validity, enforceability, scope, or applicability of this TOU, including this Section 9 (referred to as a “Claim“) will be resolved as follows:
We will first try to resolve any Claim informally. Accordingly, neither of us may start a formal proceeding for at least 30 days after one of us notifies the other of a Claim in writing. Notice of the Claim will include a brief written statement that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving it, the facts giving rise to the dispute, claim, or controversy and the relief requested. You will send your notice by email to email@example.com AND to the address listed directly below. For Administrative Users, we will send our notice to the email AND Indian mailing address associated with your account. For Members, we will send your notice by email to the email address associated with your Member account.
c/o Mwanzo Technologies Private Limited.
If we cannot resolve a Claim informally, any Claim either of us asserts will be resolved by arbitration or in courts within Ahmedabad jurisdiction.
11. Changes to this Section.
Jambo will provide 30 days’ notice of any changes to this section. Changes will become effective on the 30th day, and will apply prospectively only to any claims arising after the 30th day.
12. STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS.
Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary or the applicable dispute resolution process, an informal complaint pertaining to any Claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or under the TOU must be filed with Jambo within three (3) years after such Claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Jambo’s Copyright Agent the following information:
a. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
b. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
c. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
d. your address, telephone number, and email address;
e. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
f. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Jambo’s Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
c/o Mwanzo Technologies Private Limited.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Jambo from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from your breach of this TOU, any of Your Data, or your (and your Members’) use or misuse of the Service. Jambo shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit or demand. Jambo reserves the right to conduct the exclusive defense and control of any matter that is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting Jambo’s defense of such matters.
If any provision of this TOU is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this TOU will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
15. Integration, Modification, and Authority.
This TOU is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this TOU. All waivers and modifications to this TOU must be in a writing signed by both parties that expressly by its terms modifies or waives a provision of this TOU, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this TOU and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Jambo in any respect whatsoever.
You may not assign this TOU without the prior written consent of Jambo, except, if you are a company or other legal entity, you may assign this TOU in connection with a merger, re-organization or acquisition of all or a substantial portion of your assets by another company, but only upon 30-days prior notice to Jambo. Jambo may assign or transfer this TOU, in whole or in part, without restriction.
Except as otherwise set forth herein, all notices under this TOU will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or email; the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service; and upon receipt, if sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested.
18. Choice of Law and Forum.
The TOU and the relationship between the parties shall be governed by the Indian laws
19. Waiver and Severability of Terms.
The failure of Jambo to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
20. No Right of Survivorship and Non-Transferability.
If you are a living person, you agree that your account is non-transferable and your rights to the content within your account terminate upon your death, however the content may be thereafter be available and accessible by Administrative Users.