Effective: May 1, 2015
Our registered users (“Users”) share their professional identities, engage with their network, exchange knowledge and professional insights, post and view relevant content, and find business and career opportunities. We are in the service of enabling seamless communication between closed user groups. The cornerstone of our service is providing meaningful discussions.
We protect your personal information using industry-standard safeguards.
- We protect your personal information and will only provide it to third parties: (1) with your consent; (2) where it is necessary to carry out your instructions; (3) as reasonably necessary in order to provide our features and functionality to you; (4) when we reasonably believe it is required by law or other legal process; or (5) as necessary to enforce our User Agreement or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company and our Users and the public.
- We have implemented appropriate security safeguards designed to protect your information in accordance with industry standards.
- Log Files, IP Addresses, and Information about Mobile Device: We may collect information from the devices and networks that you use to access our Service. We may also receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the web, your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, your mobile device (including your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system), your mobile operating system (if you are accessing Company using a mobile device), and the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We may also receive location data passed to us from third-party Service or GPS-enabled devices that you have set up, which we use to show your local information (for example, Pulse articles about your area or jobs postings in your location) on our mobile applications and for fraud prevention and security purposes. Most mobile devices allow you to prevent real time location data being sent to us, and of course we will honour your settings..
How we use your personal information
- Company Communication: We communicate with you using notifications, email, and other ways available to us. We may send you messages relating to the availability of the Service, security, or other service-related issues. We communicate with you through email, notices posted on the Company apps, messages to your Company inbox, and other means available through the Service, including mobile text messages and push notifications. Examples of these communications include: (1) welcome and engagement communications – informing you about how to best use our Service, new features, updates about other Users you are connected to and their actions, etc.; (2) service communications – these will cover service availability, security, and other issues about the functioning of our Service; (3) promotional communications – these include both email and messages, and may contain promotional information directly or on behalf of our partners, including job opportunities and information from companies that are hiring. These messages will be sent to you based on your profile information and messaging preferences. You can also opt out of promotional messages by sending a request to Company. Please be aware that you cannot opt out of receiving service messages from us. Service messages are important and may include intimation regarding update of software, bug fixes, security enhancements, etc.
- User Communications: With certain communications you send on our Service, the recipient can see your name, company details email address, and some network information. Many communications that you initiate through our Service will list your name and primary email address in the header of the message.
- Service Development; Customized Experience: We use the information and content you provide to us to conduct research and development and to customize your experience and try to make it relevant and useful to you. We use information and content that you and other Users provide to us to conduct research and development for the improvement of our Service in order to provide you and other Users and Visitors with a better, more intuitive experience and drive Usership growth and engagement on our Service and to help connect professionals to economic opportunity.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties: Any information you put on your profile and any content you post on Company may be seen by other users. We don’t provide any of your non-public information (like your email address) to third parties without your consent, unless required by law, or as described elsewhere in this Policy.
- Groups: You are responsible for any information you post on our Service, and this content will be accessible to others. If you participate in Groups, share content on your network update stream, or import a blog or other content, you should be aware that any information you choose to disclose using this Service can be read, collected, and used by other Users in these forums, developers, and other third parties, including advertisers. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums. Your Groups contributions are typically searchable on our Service and some content in Groups may be public and searchable on the Internet. You can remove your Groups posts at any time. However, others may have copied and used the information that you shared.
- Compliance with Legal Process and Other Disclosures: We may disclose your personal information if compelled by law, or other legal process, or if necessary to enforce our User Agreement. It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information, or information about your activities as a Member when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process in any jurisdictions, or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce the User Agreement, investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, or protect the security or integrity of our Service; or (3) exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our Users, personnel, or others. We attempt to notify Users about legal demands for their personal information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. In light of our principles, we may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but do not commit to challenge every demand.
- Service Providers: We may employ third parties to help us with the Service. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (e.g. maintenance, analysis, audit, marketing and development). These third parties have limited access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to Company not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
Your Choices & Obligations
- Rights to Access, Correct, or Delete Your Information, and Closing Your Account: You can change your user/group information at any time by editing your profile, deleting content that you have posted, or by closing your account. You can also ask us for additional information we may have about your account.
- Data Retention: We may keep certain information even after you close your account if it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce this agreement.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Name: Arun Awasthi
Company Address: Mwanzo Technologies Private Limited
Contact Number: 079 – 40321152
Time (Call time): 11 AM to 6 PM. Monday to Friday